It’s supposed to be the end of April. Well, it is the end of April but I digress. As per usual in this country, the weather is all over the shop, and everything costs a fortune to the point you need to refinance your house just to fill the car with bloody petrol.
The hectic times we live in!
The only sensible thing to do is settle down with a a quality smoke, a comfy jacket (much like Jimmy Saville in the picture on the left, God bless his soul), and some good music.
This is by far the best way to offset the gloom of the wind and rain that appears through you double-glazing and those brown envelopes with windows falling through
So, in an effort to chill you all out and bring stress levels down a touch I’ve had a quick peek through our audio archives and thought it was time to revisit this little mix.
Now, Phillies aren’t cheap, and bottles of Hennessy dont grow on trees in these credit crunching times, so I’m not going to give you either of them. What I can do is supply the good music mentioned above.
This downtempo mix is aptly entitled “FeetUp“, and is a Sunday-afternoon-esque mix including a couple of Blue Note numbers, along with a touch of BoomBip and Portishead, via Massive Attack, and Pete Rock, and a dash of George Benson.
A full tracklisting is below, and you can download the mix itself here.
Best get to the shop for those Phillies.
FeetUp – Tracklisting
- Battlefield (Joe Causell Remix) – Wild Magnolias (Blue Note)
- You Can Do It (Baby) – Nu Yorican Soul feat. George Benson (Mercury)
- Kiss (DJ Smash Remix) – Bob Belden Project feat. Jimi Tunnell (Blue Note)
- Black Star – N’ Dambi (Organic Soul)
- Five Man Army – Massive Attack (Wild Bunch)
- Lost And Found – DJ Shadow (Mo’ Wax)
- Strangers – Portishead (Go! Beat)
- Elephants Ball – BoomBip (Mush)
- Smoking Room Only – Pete Rock (BBE)